Current Hardware Activities in ATLAS
ATLAS Phase-2 Upgrade
Taiwan's acticities in this area is a collaboration between
Academia Sinica (AS) and National Tsing Hua University (NTHU).
Upgrade of the Muon Detector : Monitored Drift Tube (MDT)
- Upgrade readout electronics to provide information to Level-1 trigger to improve muon trigger efficiency
- Taiwan will contribute to building MDT mezzanine cards that process raw signals from detector
- The mezzanine card amplified/digitized/discriminate the signal, and extract arrival time.
High Granularity Timing Detector (HGTD) :
- A precision timing detector to suppress pile-up in forward region
- Project currently under review, will subject to TDR approval this year
- AS+NTHU signed up to contribute to off-detector electronics (e.g. transition boards, optical boards and links)
- We are performing simulation to study the detector performance and analyzing test beam data to study the sensor proto-types.
Last modification : January
2019, Song-Ming Wang